Advice is like paint; sometimes you have to take it home and apply it to your walls to know if it will work in your space.
This is the page where I post my idealism, realism, wishism—well all my -isms. Ideas I have formulated into advice for me.
These are the opinion buttons. Feel free to push them at any time.
- Advice is like paint; sometimes you have to take it home and apply it to your walls to know if it works in your space.
- The best recognition of good advice is application.
- Listen without planning your answer . . . listen to understand.
- If you finish a time of meditation and feel superior—you are a fool. If you finish a time of meditation and feel blessed—do not move. If you finish a time of meditation and identify a way to improve, moving to improve, leave your blessed meditation.
- Do you want accuracy or precision? There is a difference.
- Invest in yourself. It will pay dividends for the rest of your life.
- I can persuade a person who cannot hear, but not a person who will not listen.
- Mirrors are fine as long as you check the interior as often as you check the exterior.
- If X marks the spot, what is why for?
- Compassion is the beginning of all morality—so never lie to yourself.
- Create: there are so few people who can do that magic.
- May I have the compassion to touch every Ivy I meet with an unconditional love, the wisdom to render a path of hope, and the strength to bear any scar along the way.